Sunday, September 14, 2014

my words shall never be deceased

my words shall never be deceased
___________________

I imagine (Tonight) they were
expecting tragedies to pour from
me...sad sonnets soaked in doom
and double dipped with words of
Irony.

Perhaps a description of Hell
contained in A Human Heartbeat?...

(This Soul caged, and feverish
with wanting.)

But I've spent half the night laughing
at memories of old nightmares,
that once left me curled up in the
bathtub scared..drunk on whatever
cheap, rot-gut whiskey I could find..

Perhaps I'm evolving?..or just
losing (what's left of) my mind?

(or perhaps I simply don't Care
This Time.)

_

Oh Poetry..how I love thee..
for (with you) I am capable of
Anything!

With Words I  make grim
devils blush..

Or write Sonnets of Love.

( inspiring Angels to
Shed Their Wings.)

You have always been there..
in some form or fashion..
as a constant in my thoughts,
transcending the Monotony
of Life's Interactions.

You guided me through My
First Kiss!..

Consoled my Heart when it
was Broken!..

While Honoring the Dead
I Love, and Miss!

(So With you, there truly are
no Limits..and my Soul
Finds Satisfaction.)

_

Yet I imagine they expect me to
cease...

To Drop my Pen and Fade
like a Whisper..

(Drowning
in a Sea of Screams.)

But I would just as soon
Die!!

And even then...

(MY WORDS SHALL
NEVER BE DECEASED.)

J.Stephen.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment